WHERE CAN I TURN IN MY MEDICATIONS?
Every day is Take-Back Day in Nebraska at a Pharmacy near you! To locate a safe disposal location in your area, utilize the Search Tool or find a location from the link below.
BEFORE YOU GO TO THE PHARMACY
- Go through the house and gather expired or unused prescriptions or over-the-counter medications. This includes vitamins, supplements, creams, and pet medications.
- No need to separate them from their container. The disposal is confidential.
- Take them to a participating medication disposal pharmacy.
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Creams, lotions, and ointments
- Liquid medications less than 4 ounces
- Pet medications
- Pills, tablets, and capsules
- Needles, syringes, and lancets
- Rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide
- Home-based care or medical equipment supplies
- Liquid medications greater than4 ounces
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE PHARMACY
- The pharmacy staff will separate the medications by controlled and non-controlled.
- The pharmacy staff will place the non-controlled and over-the-counter medications in their drug disposal container.
- The pharmacy staff will provide you with a pre-paid postage envelope for the controlled medications. Place them in the envelope, seal the envelope, and then drop it off in the nearest U.S. mailbox.
- Take this time to talk to the pharmacy staff and ask questions about your medications. If you did not finish one of your prescriptions due to a drug interaction or side effect, ask them to update your pharmacy record accordingly.
HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help prevent medications from ending up in the water supply and in the wrong hands by encouraging your friends and family to take their medications back to the pharmacy. Stay informed by following us on Twitter and Facebook.